Birmingham Criminal Defense Attorney
Protecting Your Rights & Your Future in Vestavia Hills. Call (205) 656-0044!
If you have been charged with a crime or are involved in a criminal investigation, it is in your best interest to seek guidance and representation from an experienced and aggressive Birmingham criminal defense attorney who committed to protecting your rights. At Ingram Law, LLC, you will be working with a former D.A. with a successful track record as a defender and a trial-tested advocate who will answer your calls 24/7.
Our criminal defense services are comprehensive – we believe in educating clients on their rights, responsibilities, and options throughout our work on their case. For example, we can advise you on whether or not you should post a cash bond or apply for a property bond, or explore the option of sealing your case as a Youthful Offender if you are under the age of 21, which might allow you more freedom when looking for a job or higher education opportunities.
Regardless of whether this is your first charge, it is natural to feel anxious and confused when facing the criminal justice system. Attorney Joseph A. Ingram understands what you are going through and will be there to help you navigate the process. He has represented people throughout Jefferson County who are facing a wide range of criminal charges, including:
- Alabama State Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Federal Crimes
- Felon In Possession of Firearm
- Healthcare Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Internet Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Municipal Court
- Sex Crimes
- Tax Evasion & Fraud
Alabama prohibits anyone from driving or being in actual physical control of a vehicle:
- with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% or more, or
- while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any impairing substance to a degree that renders the person incapable of safely driving a vehicle.
On a first conviction, the defendant could face up to 1 year in prison, $600-$2,100 in fines, 90 days of license suspension, and use of an ignition interlock device (IID) for 6 months. Note that this is extended to 2 years for those with a BAC of .15% or more, passenger under age 14, injury accident, or BAC test refusal. Visit our page on DUI/DWI to learn more about subsequent offenses.
Some common defenses we could argue to fight your case include claiming:
- you were not actually under the influence of alcohol or drugs (had a medical condition that produced the same effect);
- unreliable test results (inadmissible evidence);
- simply poor or reckless driving;
- unlawful arrest;
- police failed to follow proper procedures.
Common Internet Crimes
Attorney Ingram’s deep knowledge of criminal defense and internet crimes equips him with the skill to handle your internet-related crime.Ingram Law, LLC takes on the following types of internet cases:
- Computer hacking
- Possession or distribution of child pornography
- Illegal file sharing
- Identity theft
- Credit card theft
- Online sex crimes
- Internet piracy
- Social engineering
- Copyright violations
Attorney Ingram can take on a number of different defense strategies to fight your charge. For instance, we could argue that the actions taken were committed within the scope of your lawful employment. You can trust that you will be working with an attorney with proven experience in this area who has the diligence and attention to detail needed to fight for your defense.
Hiring a Former Prosecutor
After getting arrested, one of the first things you should do is hire a criminal defense lawyer to represent you. A former prosecutor like Attorney Ingram can even better represent you, as they have the experience of litigating on the other side and can thus anticipate what the prosecution might bring against you in court.
In summary, the following are a few reasons why you should hire a former prosecutor as your criminal defense attorney:
- Extensive knowledge of both sides of the court – A former prosecutor understands how the State prepares for cases in order to obtain a conviction and can use that knowledge to help develop an effective and personalized defense strategy for their clients.
- Trial-tested experience – Many people do not know that most cases are settled before trial. State prosecutors spend most of their time at trial and effectively manage a heavy case load.
- Familiarity with local courts – Many former prosecutors end up handling cases in the same county where they worked for the District Attorney. This means they have already built close relationships with local judges and prosecutors and understand how each of them decides and handles certain cases.
Attorney Ingram formerly served as an Assistant District Attorney in Baldwin County and was also a panel member of the Criminal Justice Act panel for the Northern District of Alabama.
Let Ingram Law, LLC Fight For You!
If you are facing criminal charges, you need a Birmingham criminal defense lawyer to represent your side of the story. Just because you have been arrested or charged with a crime does not mean you should lose any constitutional right. At Ingram Law, LLC, we will craft proactive and comprehensive criminal defense strategies backed by years of experience and a successful track record. In Alabama, the prosecution has the burden of proving their case beyond a reasonable doubt, and our team is able to identify the more vulnerable areas of the prosecution’s case against you. At Ingram Law, LLC you can trust that you are in good hands.
Attorney Ingram is a Former District Attorney and has a successful track record.
We are here for you. Attorney Ingram will travel to you.
Attorney Ingram is a proven trial attorney with years of experience.
We are always available to take your call. Contact us 24/7.